Bitcoin Betting on Hockey
Today, hockey is an Olympic sport in which national and international competitions and championships are held. Hockey is played outdoors or indoors.
Outdoor field hockey is played on a 91 metre long and 55 metre wide pitch almost exclusively on artificial turf. The teams consist of eleven players each. In the hall, five players compete against each other on a field the size of a handball field. The hall field is bounded on the sides by ten centimetre high boards. Outdoor games in the adult area last two times 35 minutes, in the hall in Austria two times 25 minutes. Up to seven alternate players are allowed, who can be replaced at any time during the “flying change”.
Best Websites for Hockey betting with Bitcoin:Here are the best 3 bitcoin sportsbetting websites for you to place your bet:
Sportsbet.io Crypto Betting:Pro´s:
- x3 Welcome Bonus
- Great Odds
- Established Sportsbook
- Website lags sometimes
Nitrogen Sports Betting:Pro´s:
- easy & user friedly
- US Friendly
1xBit Sportsbook & CasinoPro´s:
- Lots of Bonuses
- Live Streaming
- Pretty new site
Click here to compare more Sportsbooks which accept Bitcoin.
How is the game played?
The hockey sticks are approx. one meter long and curved at the lower end. They have a round and a flat side. The hard plastic ball, about the size of a tennis ball, may only be played with the flat side of the racket. A goal shot is only allowed within the marked shooting circle. In field hockey, the ball may be hit, pushed, lifted and flicked with the bat. High pass is only allowed if other players are not endangered. In indoor hockey, the ball may not be hit and may only be played flat except when scoring a goal. A goal shot may only be fired within the marked shooting circle. The goalkeeper may touch the ball in the shooting circle with his whole body. The rules are designed to prevent injuries caused by the fast-paced play with hard clubs and ball.
How is training done?
As with other ball sports, an important basis is the training of stamina (endurance and strength) and speed. In special training, ball control, shooting technique, tactics and moves are practiced in attack and defense.
The equipment of the field players consists of a special indoor or field hockey stick, sock and shin guard as well as possibly a mouthguard. The goalkeeper is specially protected by special equipment (e.g. helmet, breastplate).
Related to hockey is very fast, body-focused ice hockey. In the middle of the 19th century, both sports developed from the original forms of playing with clubs and balls in parallel. In ice hockey, two teams of six players compete against each other on an ice field measuring 60 by 30 metres. The goal is to shoot a flat hard plastic disc (puck) into the goal.
A brutal game
One of the most brutal games today (aside from boxing) would be the team sport known as “Hockey.” It is a team sport wherein the game is played with two opposing teams with six players per team trying to take control of the puck and try to make a goal on the opponent’s end with the use of a hockey stick. The most popular variation that is being played today and most commonly betted upon in Sportsbook websites would be Ice Hockey.
Ice Hockey is not only popular in sports books but is very popular across the world as well. It is most popular in Canada, Central and Eastern Europe, and the northern regions of the United States. The game was believed to have evolved from a simple stick and ball games that were played during the 18th and 19th century. To properly determine whether a team is strong at their league or not, it would be best to know the basic rules of the game first.
Basic Rules of Ice Hockey
- To win the game, a team must score more goals than the opposing team.
- The Ice surface is divided into three zones. The area where the goal is located, this is called the “Defending Zone” or where the keeper makes sure the opponents attacks would not go through. The middle of the ice rink is called “Neutral Zone” which is located between two blue lines. The opposing team’s area where you see their goal is called the “Attacking Zone.”
- Substitutions can be made any time of the game and are unlimited.
- The game is played with three twelve (12) minute or fifteen (15) minute periods depending on the league.
You can read more about the basic rules of Ice Hockey on this link provided.
Betting on Hockey Games
Due to the nature of the sport and crazy fans from all over the world, it would not be a surprise that hockey would gain such reputation when it comes to betting. In hockey games, it is really important to keep in a mind a few things rather than being a mindless hockey fan better.
- Data – Make use of team data, latest updates about injuries and everything that can affect the overall performance of a team. This goes out to team games out there as well. If you are a smart better, make sure that you’ve got the latest data needed in order to predict a game. For the NHL, you are able to get new updates here.
- Team Plays – The game of hockey is a team sport. Compared to any other team sports out there today like American Football where in team functionality is really important, this is multiplied a few times more in Hockey. The fast hard hitting games would be the reason why good team plays are important to win a game. Go take your time to know which teams have been doing awesome in team plays as this would point you do the right direction.
- Records – Data, as I keep repeating myself on this article is really important as winning the bet itself. If you do not have previous records of a team and how they fair in previous competitions then you are just gambling your Bitcoin. Do not gamble. Bet to win!
As of today, the online website that accepts Hockey bets would be Nitrogensports.eu.
Good luck on your bets!